One of the coolest things about blogging is discovering and reading the blogs of other people, especially people with interests similar to yours. And sometimes, if the stars align just so…when you discover their blog(s), they discover yours! And when the stars REALLY align just so, someone out there might just nominate your blog for a nifty award.
Side-stepping for just a moment, yes, I am very excited about my upcoming trip to Austin, TX this weekend. I can’t wait to see my aunt and my mom and my cousin. I can’t wait to see my friend Jax, who I haven’t seen since June of 2011 — we’ll both be running the 3M Half Marathon (yep, I am also very excited about that). I can’t wait to hang out — and run — at sea level, in a place where they actually have moisture in the air. I can’t wait to perhaps coincidentally meet Kristin Armstrong and become lifelong friends (haha, a girl can dream, no?). Don’t even get me started on the food in Austin. Do not either get me started on the fact that yes, I can smell the tantalizing leather aroma of stores full of new, shiny cowgirl boots all the way from out here in Albuquerque.
I am absolutely certain that it will be a spectacular weekend, and I’ll tell you all about it when I get back. But that’s not what this post is about.
To go back to the subject of awards, I have been nominated for one!! The award is called the Liebster Award. In case you’re not fluent in German (I sure am not, which must thrill all those German ancestors of mine), Liebster is the German word for “beloved” or “dearest”. I am extremely flattered, and would like to send a big thank you to runningyogamom.blogspot.com for nominating me. Proper etiquette for award nominations stipulates that I spill a little bit of guts to you all, so….here goes. I’ve just eaten a dinner involving hot chile and a margarita, though; consider yourselves warned.
The Liebster Award Rules of Engagement:
1. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions by the person who nominated you.
3. Create 11 new questions.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
5. Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated.
11 Random Facts About Me:
– I like to buy my bananas in bunches of five. I do not know why.
– My first marathon was New Orleans’ Mardi Gras Marathon in 2004.
– I don’t currently own anything starting with “i” [iPod, iPad, etc.]
– It’s hard for me to go into a movie theatre empty-handed…usually I get a Sprite or something.
– I collect refrigerator magnets.
– I love crossword puzzles.
– My favorite meal is shrimp ‘n grits.
– I’ve lived in five states (although I only really remember three…too young for the others).
– I’ve never been to Las Vegas.
– I love going to festivals of any kind.
– If I come across an episode of “Friends” on TV, I must watch it.
Questions passed to me:
1. Who is your biggest fitness influence? Paula Radcliffe
2. Yoga or Pilates? Yoga
3. Favorite candy? Toss-up between Twix and Butterfinger
4. HGTV or DIY Network? ESPN
5. Favorite snack? Greek yogurt
6. Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake? oooh gonna go with Rainbow Brite
7. Do you have a tattoo? Yup! Sunflower on my right hip.
8. How old were you when you got your ears pierced? Ha! My ears aren’t pierced.
9. One food you would never give up, ever. – Meat.
10. Favorite book? Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.
11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own? Six at last count.
My questions for whomever wants to answer:
1. What are two items that are always in your refrigerator?
2. Do you prefer to exercise indoors or outdoors?
3. Have you ever been on a cruise?
4. What is your favorite Disney movie?
5. Besides water, if you could only consume one beverage for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. What’s the longest distance you’ve ever run?
7. How many James Bond movies have you seen?
8. What is your favorite vacation place?
9. If you were a Thanksgiving side dish, what would you be?
10. What was the last non-grocery store you shopped at?
11. If you could participate in any athletic event, what would it be?
Belles and a Whistle
C’est la Vie Cuisine
A Crisis Averted
It Is Pretty.
Tight Laces in 50 Places
Ask Lauren Fleshman
There you go. Thank you again to runningyogamom.blogspot.com for the nomination. Go check out those blogs I’ve nominated — they are terrific. And if anyone else out there is racing this weekend, whether 3M or another race, good luck to you and have fun!